The Council of Atlantic University Libraries - Le Conseil des bibliothèques universitaires de l'Atlantique (CAUL-CBUA) is composed of the library director of each institution constituting the Association of Atlantic Universities (AAU), or by invitation of the Council.
The purpose of the CAUL-CBUA is to enhance university education, research and scholarly communication in the region by:
- strengthening library collections
- fostering cooperation and resource sharing
- coordinating library services among AAU institutions
- improving the delivery of information services
- providing for regular discussion of matters of inter-institutional interest
- advising AAU, as appropriate.
CAUL-CBUA shall normally meet three times a year.
CAUL-CBUA will establish such fees, either annual or for special purposes, as it deems appropriate.
The officers of CAUL-CBUA shall be a Chair, Past Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary/Treasurer, and any such other officers as the Board of Directors may determine.
Relations with Other Organizations
CAUL-CBUA is an affiliate of the AAU and establishes creative and mutually beneficial relationships with other relevant organizations.
Approved April 11, 1997