CAAL-CBPA is a vibrant regional network of Atlantic Canada’s public university and college libraries leveraging community and collaboration to advance scholarship, innovation, diversity, and accessibility in teaching, learning, research, and student experiences.
CAAL-CBPA is a rich and diverse learning and research ecosystem of libraries that employs deeply collaborative solutions to inspire learning, and spark creativity and innovation.
CAAL-CBPA, as a member organization, values:
- Collaboration – enable members to thrive through a culture of shared services, resources, programs, and ideas.
- Innovation – boldly and proactively engage the fast evolving academic and information landscape with agility and resolve.
- Equity, diversity and inclusion – empower and engage a full spectrum of ideas, talents, perspectives, and experiences to ensure open and equal access.
- Accountability – in a spirit of collegiality, we will govern strategically with transparency in meeting our obligation of due diligence and responsible stewardship.
TOGETHER WE’RE STRONGER!
We are a dynamic community of librarians and library staff bringing valuable experience and a willingness to ensure the best quality of service to meet user needs. All of our members are actively involved in pursuing innovative and cost-effective ways to benefit our faculty and students. Collaboration maximizes benefits to, and builds capacity within, our member institutions.
Our purpose is to enhance post-secondary education, research, and scholarly communication in Atlantic Canada by:
- providing a venue to influence public policy
- advocating on matters relevant to members and the post-secondary community
- fostering cooperation and resource sharing
- supporting consortial purchasing to achieve optimal savings
- coordinating library services among member institutions
- improving the delivery of information services
- providing a network of colleagues, so that all levels of staff can have a voice in regional initiatives
Interested in becoming more involved, or in becoming a member, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the "Together We're Stronger" info sheet.
Last Updated: April 3, 2022