Associate Membership Policy
The purpose of Associate Membership within CAUL-CBUA is to provide the opportunity to contribute to the development of CAUL-CBUA’s vision, establishment of its goals and objectives and participate in long-term planning for the consortium. CAUL-CBUA pursues its purpose through collaboration with its member partners as well as with other agencies and institutions, whenever appropriate.
The status of Associate Membership is created by the CAUL-CBUA Board of Directors. The position of Associate Membership may be dissolved only on the direction of the Board of Directors.
Benefits of Associate Membership include, but are not be limited to, the following:
- participation as a co-applicant for any relevant provincial grant proposals;
- the opportunity to have staff participate in professional development workshops and networking events;
- participation at CAUL-CBUA Board of Directors meetings as a non-voting member;
- participation as a partnering library on initiatives such as the Live Help Virtual Reference service;
- opportunities to join consortia purchases of e-books, software and other resources;
- participation in CAUL-CBUA Committees, Task-Forces, Working Groups etc.
- participation in developing innovative approaches to region-wide post-secondary resource sharing;
- the invitation to contribute to other collaborative CAUL-CBUA efforts to improve academic library services for all post-secondary students in the Atlantic region.
Associate Membership is granted to a post-secondary library, upon invitation by the CAUL-CBUA Board of Directors and payment of Associate Membership fee.
Payment of Associate Membership fees will be used to offset shared administrative costs and Directors’ insurance. Payment of Associate Membership fees will not include reimbursement for travel associated with Board of Directors meetings.