Atrium Open 24/7
You read that right. The Atrium, with all of its comfortable chairs and its computers (and printer), is now open all day, every day.
As soon as the Library closes (most nights at 11 o'clock), Security will arrive and keep the Atrium open. This should prove really popular with all those night owls whose brains don't seem to kick in until midnight approaches.
Laptop not working? Printer out of ink? Roommate driving you crazy? Not a problem.
But there are a few things you need to know:
- It's for SMU students (and faculty & staff) only. You'll need to show your ID, so make sure you bring it with you.
- It will be a safe environment - University Security will be monitoring the space.
- No food, just drinks
- It's the Atrium only - no access to McNally, Burke or Science buildings
- You'll need to use the entrance off of the Quad (facing the Student Centre)
- Security has a list of acceptable conditions of use (no excessive noise, disruptive behavior).
This, of course, is an experiment. Here's hoping it's a successful one.